Shenandoah Yurt is a one-of-a-kind luxury retreat perched in the serene seclusion of the mountains. You’ll find no compromises with respect to premier cabin-like construction, modern amenities, a hot tub, wood-burning stove, archery, EV charger, sizable elevated deck, pool table, board games and so much more! This unique pet-friendly Shenandoah Cabin / Yurt is nestled 1 mile away (as the crow flies) from Shenandoah National Park. Experience #YurtLife — just 2 hours away from Washington DC!
Constructed using the finest materials and significant attention to detail, this space will invite you and your family and friends to immediately make yourselves at home. Furnished with plenty of modern conveniences, the Shenandoah Cabin / Yurt sets out to provide a unique experience offering comforts akin to those of a chic boutique hotel. Whip up an omelette with the dozen fresh organic local eggs awaiting you, embrace your inner yogi with a morning routine on the large deck, or soak in the outdoor hot tub under a starry night sky—the choice is yours! As our property was designed with nature in mind, we also provide an EV charging station for those in need. All at an elevation of over 2,500 ft!
Beyond this, the property boasts a dependable climate control system, wood-burning stove, hot tub, WiFi (full disclosure that while speed tests show up to 100mb, the internet might be intermittent due to the yurt’s remote location), and a smart TV with Disney Plus and Netflix. We also have a PlayStation 5 with 4 controllers and various games, smart speakers, a dedicated workspace, a pool table, and a variety of board games. With respect to outdoor activities, please know that we also offer e-bike rentals that allow you to reach the national park in approximately 15 minutes.
Living Space & Fully Equipped Kitchen
The yurt boasts a full kitchen complete with an island, dining table, cookware, utensils, refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, electric stove, microwave, multicooker/rice-maker, and a Nespresso coffee machine! You’ll have everything you need to engage in your morning and evening rituals, and, of course, wine glasses to sip vino during your afternoon wine and cheese happy hour!
With respect to design, the Shenandoah Cabin / Yurt features an open floor plan living room with vaulted ceilings, windows offering panoramic views, a glass dome, and a loft with a pool table. A washer/dryer combo unit is located on the main level for your convenience.
Exterior & Activities
We offer powerful 750W E-Bikes for rent at $50/day per bike. You can reach Shenandoah National Park in 15 minutes without much sweat and ride the Skyline Drive and trails for hours. All black and fat-tire. All other amenities are free to use, including the Kainokai traditional handmade recurve longbow (40lb) with a 4ft target, Lever 2 EV charger, Hot Tub, Grill, Firepit, and a Cornhole game.
Loft, Bathrooms & Workspace
Where you'll sleep
Shenandoah Cabin / Yurt is best suited for 4 people, as there are 2 bedrooms featuring queen-size beds. However, the yurt can accommodate up to 8 people, with a king-size sleeper sofa in the loft (listed as a bedroom as we have a privacy screen) and a large sleeper couch in the living area. Linens, sleeping eye masks, earplugs, an iron, and umbrellas are all available for your convenience.
1 Queen Bed
1 Queen Bed
Floor Sofa transformed into King-size Bed
Sofa transformed into 2 half-separate beds
Though you will enjoy complete seclusion, you are only a short drive away from popular tourist attractions during any season; with our top choices bolded for quick reference below. The Shenandoah Yurt is:
- 0h 14m – Small community lake at Lake Road
- 0h 42m – Shenandoah National Park boundary at Tanners Ridge Fire Road
- 1h 25m – Tanners Ridge Overlook
- 1h 30m – Mill Prong-Laurel Prong Loop Trailhead
- 1h 30m – Harry F. Byrd, Sr. Visitor Center
- 1h 31m – Story of the Forest Trailhead
- 1h 35m – Dark Hollow Falls Trailhead
- 1h 46m – Lewis Falls Trailhead
- 11m – Jordan Hollow Stables
- 13m – Wisteria Farm and Vineyard
- 15m – 🚲 E-Bike ride to Shenandoah National Park via Tanners Ridge Fire Road
- 22m – Hawksbill Brewing Company
- 24m – The Garden Maze
- 25m – Bear Mountain Ziplines
- 25m – Luray Caverns
- 25m – Luray Zoo
- 28m – Castle Vineyards
- 30m – Drive to Shenandoah National Park via Thornton Gap Entrance Station
- 34m – Virginia Museum of the Civil War
- 35m – Shenandoah River (tubing, rafting, kayaking)
- 45m – Massanutten Ski Resort
Amenities & Things To Know
The Shenandoah Yurt is in the community surrounded on 3 sides by the Shenandoah National Park. It features a gravel road for the last 1mi. In snowy conditions, we strongly advise driving a four-wheel-drive vehicle. However, about 48hrs after the last snow, two-wheel-drive vehicles are usually ok. It is important to take this warning seriously, as we do not offer refunds or cancellations due to weather. Please note that there is no cellular coverage at the yurt, however, WiFi is available for your convenience.
Checkout: 11:00 AM
Cancellation policy – full refund up to 5 days prior to check-in (excluding 2.9% credit card fee). On this note, if your dates aren’t available, please fill in the waitlist form or follow our Instagram for last-minute deals.
Kids – Sure! While the Shenandoah Yurt is child-friendly, it’s not child-proof. The following items are available for our littlest guests: Crib, High chair, Changing table, and Silicone bibs. ❤️
Pets – Yes! Pets are permitted in or around the property with a $50 fee and pre-approval. Please send us a message confirming that your pet is well-trained.
Website issue – We’re sorry for the issue… We suggest Chrome on the laptop or desktop, but you can also book on AirBNB, VRBO, and other platforms.
- Mountain view
- Hair dryer
- Cleaning products
- Puracy shampoo
- Puracy conditioner
- Puracy body soap
- Hot water
- Shower gel
- Bedroom and laundry
- Free washer – In unit
- Free dryer – In unit
- Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
- Bed linens
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Clothing storage: dresser and wardrobe
- 75″ HDTV with Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix
- Sonos sound system with Bluetooth and aux
- Game console: PS5
- Pool table
- Suitable for events
- The listing can accommodate a gathering of 25 or more attendees
- Books and reading material
- Children’s books and toys for ages 5-10 years old and 10+ years old
- High chair
- Changing table
- Board games
- Heating and cooling
- Central air conditioning
- Indoor fireplace: wood-burning
- Central heating
- Home safety
- 3 Smoke & Carbon monoxide alarms
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Internet and office
- Dedicated workspace: monitor
- A desk or table with a chair and space for a laptop.
- Kitchen and dining
- Space where guests can cook their own meals
- Samsung refrigerator
- Cooking basics
- Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
- Dishes and silverware
- Bowls, chopsticks, plates, cups, etc.
- Whirlpool electric stove
- Whirlpool oven
- Hot water kettle
- Coffee maker: Nespresso
- Wine glasses
- Baking sheet
- Rice maker
- Barbecue utensils
- Grill, charcoal, bamboo skewers/iron skewers, etc.
- Dining table
- Location features
- Private entrance
- Separate street or building entrance
- Private patio or balcony
- Private backyard – Not fully fenced
- An open space on the property usually covered in grass
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- BBQ grill: gas
- Parking and facilities
- Free driveway parking on premises – 5 spaces
- Free street parking
- Private hot tub
- EV charger
- Guests can charge their electric vehicles on the property.
- Assistance animals are always allowed
- Long term stays allowed
- Self check-in
- Shenandoah Yurt
- Shenandoah Cabin
- Luray Caverns
Most of our reviews are on AirBNB. Go ahead, take a look, then come back to book directly for the best price!
Please reply to the confirmation email.
All other inquiries: